This is one of my favorite low-carb breakfasts! It's a great way to eat eggs if you are burnt out of omelets or boiled eggs.
- Egg loaf
- 1 egg
- About 2 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Start with a recipe for low-carb egg loaf. Cut the loaf into slices.
- In a small bowl close to the same size as your egg loaf slices , add an egg and about an even amount of heavy whipping cream. The proportion is not important enough to measure out. Add a dash of vanilla and cinnamon if you wish.
- Whip up the mixture with a fork and lay several slices of the egg loaf in it. Flip the slices over to make sure they get completely covered in the mixture. You can leave the slices in the mixture for some time but you do not need to, it does not make any difference.
- Melt some butter in a non-stick pan on medium heat. Add the soaked egg-loaf slices to the cook on each side until nicely browned.
For toppings, you can use a monk fruit sweetened maple syrup (check out Lakanto brand), some no-sugar-added berry jam, fresh berries, or just butter.
I recommend copper or ceramic non-stick pans since most others include Teflon, a highly toxic chemical that can leach into food. Even pans that advertise "No Teflon" can still include the same chemicals, since Teflon is actually just a trademarked name.