This simple sauce is one of my favorite ways to take a meat from basic to gourmet! Use it to quickly dress up and add some extra fat to steak, chicken, or fish.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 ounce of crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 tablespoon of shredded Parmesan cheese
- Bring the cream to a simmer in a saucepan.
- With the pan uncovered, continue to simmer the cream until it becomes thicker, about 10 minutes. Stir regularly so it doesn't cook to the pan or form a skin. It should reduce to about 2/3 it's original volume.
- Remove from the heat and immediately add the gorgonzola, parmesan, and a little salt to taste. Stir until the cheese has melted into the sauce.
Gorgonzola is one of my favorite specialty cheeses. It is a type of blue cheese that naturally has a very strong but nice flavor.
Photographed, I used it to dress up a pan-seared swordfish steak but this would be a good addition to almost any meat.