There are quite a few good recipes for keto pizza, some of which are fairly involved, but this is my favorite and one of the simplest!
- Shredded mozzarella or pizza cheese mix
- Tomato sauce
- Optional toppings: pepperonis, olives, sausage, basil
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium.
- Cover the pan with a thin layer of shredded mozzarella cheese, just thick enough to not leave gaps when it melts. This will be your crust. I like to use a spatula to push the edges in a little as it melts to make a round base without thin edges.
- Gently check the bottom of the crust. As soon as it is medium browned across the bottom, remove from the pan to a cookie sheet.
- On the cookie sheet, cover your crust with a thin layer of tomato sauce, then another layer of cheese. Last, add any of your toppings.
- Put the cookie sheet in the oven and broil until the cheese on top is browned like a pizza.
- Remove from the oven and when cool enough, transfer to a cutting board. Cut into pizza slices. You may need to let it cool some before it is firm enough to easily eat, but it will never be as firm as a normal pizza. It may be easiest to eat it with a fork or folded in half.
Check the ingredients and carbs in any tomato sauce you buy. Many include added sugar or seed oils such as sunflower or canola. Try to find one with no added sugar and no oils or only olive oil.
I don't recommend making this as a whole meal. Since it is almost entirely cheese it is very high fat and could be detrimental for weight loss (too much fat in your diet gives your body no reason to burn its own!). Instead, make this as a snack or a side to a meat.
Last, I recommend copper or ceramic non-stick pans since most others include Teflon, a highly toxic chemical that can leach into food. Even pans that advertise "No Teflon" can still include the same chemicals, since Teflon is actually just a trademarked name.